Facebook today comes up with another interesting feature Graph Search a better and advanced way to search things among your Facebook friends. You can directly search people who live in my city, friends who love chocolate ice cream, friends who are not married which gives a list of your fiends who fall under this category. This below image will clearly show how it really works.
This is still under beta phase and soon search will be available for all the users just like timeline and the cover photo size. It not only searches about the common interest but also searches images. places, and place videos of your Facebook friends and also what they share. i.e, you can also search for people who are living in New York, people who like chess and lives nearby. It also helps on choosing restaurants even you can search like ‘restaurants liked by friends in Hyderabad’ a lots of scope. Since it is in the beta phase Graph Search is in a limited preview. That means Graph Search will only be available to a very small number of people who use Facebook in US English.
Presently as told by FB they are working on the first version where they concentrated about people, photos, places, and interests and you can search each category like below
- People: “friends who live in my city,” “people from my hometown who like hiking,” “friends of friends who have been to Yosemite National Park,” “software engineers who live in San Francisco and like skiing,” “people who like things I like,” “people who like tennis and live nearby”
- Photos: “photos I like,” “photos of my family,” “photos of my friends before 1999,” “photos of my friends taken in New York,” “photos of the Eiffel Tower”
- Places: “restaurants in San Francisco,” “cities visited by my family,” “Indian restaurants liked by my friends from India,” “tourist attractions in Italy visited by my friends,” “restaurants in New York liked by chefs,” “countries my friends have visited”
- Interests: “music my friends like,” “movies liked by people who like movies I like,” “languages my friends speak,” “strategy games played by friends of my friends,” “movies liked by people who are film directors,” “books read by CEOs”
Huge Scope of business over Facebook
Yes, wrt to this new concept of Graph search there is going to be a huge scope of business over Facebook. These days each and every product has its facebook page and the likes and shares are spreading viral. Now with the introduction of Graph search the likes and the your sharing stuff will be more valuable. If you like a restaurant page or if you wrote about some restaurant on your wall and if your friend searches for the ‘restaurant liked by my friends’ then obviously the page you liked will be showed to him. Indirectly you are playing a vital role in spreading the word.
Security of Facebook Graph Search
Security is one such issue in Facebook but now seems like they took care. in their words “With Graph Search, you can look up anything shared with you on Facebook, and others can find stuff you’ve shared with them, including content set to Public. That means different people see different results.”
How to try Facebook Graph Search
Since it didn’t went to live you can give a try about
- First like our page
- Go to Facebook Graph Search
- Scroll bottom of page and there you can find try click to try as shown in the below figure.