Google +1 is an attept made by Google recently. You can say like this is the almost similar to Facebook like button but very powerful in terms of traffic and recommendations. It will show +1 buttons next to all search results which encourages others ( your friends listed in your account ) to view that particular site or page.
In Google Words
“+1 is the digital shorthand for ‘this is pretty cool.’ To recommend something, all you have to do is click +1 on a webpage or ad you find useful. These +1′s will then start appearing in Google’s search results,”
Adding google +1 to your site/wordpress/blog is very easy.
- Go to Official +1 button page.
- Select the type of button
- Copy the code.
- Go to your dashboard
- Open Footer.php from the sidebar as shown the below figure and paste the javascipt file. You can paste in the between head tag or end of the body tag. but placing while closing the body tag is a good option as it wont effect the speed of blog much.
- Place the code as shown in the below figure.
- Now paste the below code where to want to render your +1 button.
- If you want to display after end of each post Go to Dashboard -> Appearance ->Editor ->Single.php and check for
<?php the_content(); ?>
- and paste just below that line.
Know more about Google +1 button from Google Official video.
Lets see how this +1 rule the web market. Will this is going to be another facebook like button or Google buzz ?