Though Cpanel provides Fantastico Deluxe through which we can install WordPress It is better to install WordPress manually for security reasons. When you install WordPress using Fantastico Deluxe a common MySql database name created domainname_wrdp1 will be created which helps hackers to easily hack our account.
It involves 3 steps
- Creating FTP account and uploading files or manual transfer
- Creating MySql Database & Username
- Configuring WordPress
Creating FTP account and uploading WordPress
- Login to your CPanel Account, scroll down and click the FTP Accounts Icon.
- Create FTP Account providing necessary values
- After creating FTP account, remember login details
- Use WinSCP or FileZilla software and check whether you can able to login successfully or not
- Download latest version of WordPress from WordPress.org
- Using FTP transfer the WordPress installation files to public_html level.
- In CPanel check for MySQL Database wizard as shown in the below figure
- Click on MySQL Database Wizard
- In the next page opened, it asks for a database name. Provide a bit complex database name and click Next
- In the next page, create a user by providing username and password
- successfully created a MySQL Database and MySQL user
- This is the final step
- Open your site yourdomain.com
- Click on ‘Create a Configuration file’
- In the page open provide configuration details like My SQL Database name, MySQL username you created and change wp_ to some name like yourdomain_wp123 (say ) for better security
- Provide Username and Password for your WordPress login in coming pages.