There are almost thousands of wordpress themes available in internet. Interestingly twenty ten theme is the only official theme that comes by installing wordpress. I like this twentyten them for its simplicity and for its readability, and I am using this for this blog ( A New Tab ). There are many advantages of using default wordpress twentyten when compared to many a themes. Let the see the advantges of using the default wordpress theme.
- Elegant Look
- Simple Readable ( with Georgia font and proper spacing )
- Clean and Fresh Custom header, ( option to remove if you dont want )
- Sticky post
- 3 Post formats standard, Aside, Gallery
- WordPress 3.0 Menu
- Multilevel Navigation Menu
- Official theme from the developers of WordPress
- Regular updates.
- Code almost perfect
- Featured image
- Great Support from designers
- Threaded comments
- Home page SEO
- Heading Post and Pages SEO Heading
- very well SEO optimized
- Uses all features provided by wordpress
You can have a look at the customizations I did.
If you modify any part of code of your twentyten theme, all your changes will be lost once your theme is upgraded. So if you want to change any part of your code you have two options one is to create a child theme and the other is to create a folder (say XYZ) at /wp-content/themes/ level and copy all contents of twentyten theme ( /wp-content/themes/twentyten/) to your folder ( /wp-content/themes/XYZ/ ).
I prefer using a child theme because you can enjoy all updates from the twentyten developers at the same time you can have you changes.
Have a look at review given by themegrade for twentyten wordpress theme
Update June 22 : I updated my site with Thesis after using TwentyTen Theme for 6 months. Really I love TwentyTen Theme